AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, October 08, 2007

november love

November Love.

He was around thirty, dressed in a grey suit, but he had
no arms, (accident) zip open, a man desperate and drunk,
came into my cafĂ© wanted a beer with a straw, that’s
what I gave him. He needed a pee I had things to attend
to in the kitchen, a woman, his age, said she was a nurse,
helped him; back from the loo he looked respectable.
In her company he was more at ease and joked about his
plight, asked the time had to take a ferry home as he lived
on one of the islands. Ten to nine the nurse followed him
down to the docks, she didn’t return; but took the ferry
too, I think, and became his arms, lover and caring wife.
She had left a plastic bag behind it was full of crumbled
up bread and stale cakes meant for the ducks; I went to
the park next morning and fed them crumbs of love

No comments: