AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, June 22, 2009

uprising

The Uprising

My shoes were made in China and therefore have no heels
and that is ok, when the Chinese take over the world I’ll
not be taller than anyone of them and be “inconspicuous,”
I misspelt that word seven times before I got it right.
the Iranian middle and upper class youths do not accept
the result of a recent election, mainly because their man
didn’t win, and since they are the sons and daughters of
the elite, they just might get their way...and yes, it doesn’t
make much different for the poor they are a minority in
a middle class world. Me, I find this happening a bit sinister,
planned, I would have said, now that the western world
should concentrate on giving statehood to the Palestinians.
It may be some time to wait before the Chinese Mao’s
children are here to save us from our sham democracy, and
that’s why I find it difficult to believe that the children of
the 1979 revolution want to sell their country for western dross.

No comments: