AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, November 27, 2006

Lost Recollections

Couldn’t find my car looked everywhere, main roads,
side streets, alley ways and the back of closed down
warehouses by the docks where old cars, once a family’s
pride, are dumped; and memories of Sunday outing ends
as bird droppings and flat tyres Silence, no one about
only immobile autos, I must be dreaming, tried to wake
up, couldn’t, unmoving as an abandoned family saloon
could not move a muscle; a scream, as someone sinking
in a mist of bland oblivion brought me back from
the precipice of permanent unconsciousness. Icicle hung
from the ceiling, my bed was cold it gave me no comfort,
crept to the terrace to draw nutrition from the new day.

No comments: