AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Tuesday, February 03, 2009

green eyes

Green Eyes

I didn’t know that life had set the stage for me
on that day as I walked on with open heart
and innocent mind. I met green eyes she had
auburn hair and smooth white skin that only
angels get to wear; she smiled, I touched her
hand to be sure she was real.

When we made love I was fearful of crushing
her delicate body with my clumsy embrace,
but here eyes smiled and I boldly conquered.
This was glory the world was mine love had
made me powerful, I could be a master builder
if I wanted to, or president of USA.

I glanced away for an instant and she was gone,
looked everywhere in other women’s smile or
eyes, but no. Time passes, now I know that it
was a moment of wonder it had lit up a path
that other ways would have been dull, I accept
that and savour the memory of green eyes.

No comments: