AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Thursday, August 06, 2009

when lov e strikes

When Love Strikes.

It was a one sided love story naturally it pleased her to be adored
but it was not me she really wanted, I read in her smile and in
her loves sigh a story I was not a part of. And I was blind didn’t see
the subtle signs, the dreamy looks she had when she mention
another man’s name too often.

August moon at the marina, he was dressed in blazer and had a
a captain’s cap on, he looked dashing and asked me if he could
dance with her, they danced forever and I could see how happy
she was, there was plenty to drink and eat and fairy lights made
me quite dizzy and when dawn arrived I sat alone on a pollard
and saw the morning sun dance on calm water.

I had a long walk home and thought both of them had been quite
Dishonest and my anger and resentment swelled, but I could not
Help see her eyes had a shine of love, so I had to let it go

No comments: