AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Friday, November 16, 2007

no fear of flying

No fear of Flying

Forenoon, they had all gone to work I was alone
in the house, sat by the table reading a book about
cowboys in Texas, the silence in the room was so
intense that it droned like a faraway airplane.

Suddenly I could levitate, saw the living room from
the ceiling down, I could see through walls, what
other people were doing, never mind that I wanted
to fly; the air, cold so I put one more a jumper on

Opened the window, flew people looked up and
pointed I soared over the highest building grabbed
hold of the church spire and swung around for fun,
tomorrow morning I’m going to fly to America.

My leg in plaster, “lucky you live in a small house
the doctor said, falling off the roof like that” Never
told a soul, but knew that I had flown but could not
fly again the moment of magic had forever gone.

No comments:

Blog Archive