AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, November 21, 2007

the visitor

The Visitor


Sensed his presence, on the terrace, when I turned to look
he disappeared, first I wasn’t sure but when they rang and
said that my old friend had been claimed by cancer.

I don’t know why he came hadn’t seen him for many years,
we used to chase girls, drink a lot and live it up, but he was
claimed by love and got wed; and so did I …five times.

Oddly enough he rang me six month ago when we had
spoken of the old days we didn’t have much else to say and
I was relieved when he hung up

Don’t know what he wanted to tell me, I know one thing,
though, I can never go back to the past, lost the passport
called youth long ago, but I will remember him well.

No comments:

Blog Archive