AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Sunday, March 09, 2008

the cuddly one

The cuddly one

I sat in a café minding my own business trying not
to order a second chocolate éclair when she entered,
a cuddly woman of a race that are the children of
the wind, her I gave an éclair.

She invited me home, she lived in a house where
the forest begins and on her duvet sat 35 teddy
bears which she lovingly removed putting them in
the hall for the night

When I awoke a big teddy bear was sleeping next
to me, and as bear, so I’m told, tend to be grumpy,
I silently dressed and tip toed down to the kitchen,
but the cuddly woman wasn’t there.

I ate breakfast alone, rice pudding with honey,
but when I heard the big bear getting out of bed
I hurriedly left not wanting an argument about
the empty jar of honey on the table

No comments:

Blog Archive