AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, March 05, 2008

what love can do

What Love Did.


Coming out of the grocer’s I had bought a tin of beans,
mainly because it can be eaten cold, and a banana, easy
to peel, when caught and drowned in the greenness of
her eyes. Day and nights of intense pleasure no time to
think of the future, this lasted till her dream ended.

I found myself on a mile long beach that had nothing
but cold, wet sand; I dug a deep hole buried myself and
cried till the island flooded and I was rescued by a cutter
crewed by bearded men who make a living killing baby
seals that will make into coats for those with sex in eyes

I became a great hunter clubbed little seals my bloody
footsteps across the ice could be seen from the space.
a suitcase full to make the finest fur-coat seen, but alas,
when we met she had gone blind and lost her allure,
now I feel regret for the baby seals so needlessly killed.

No comments:

Blog Archive