AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Tuesday, July 01, 2008

Le Grand Duc

Le Grand Duc


Is a café in Brussels where everyone know each
other and there are kisses and handshakes many
times a day. I sat reading my newspapers when
I remembered that the brother of the queen of
Belgium had been a playboys and a pianist, who
didn’t get to be famous before his sister married
the king. I thought him a sad man, with a thin
mustache, he smiled often, but the humour never
reached the eyes. Then he faded out of the picture
I don’t know why, he wasn’t really the material
of a man linked to easy women and platitudes, he
knew he was only a mediocre given engagement
through his connections. So he died then a man
who never got to live the life he wanted to.

No comments: