AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, January 28, 2009

the psychopath

The Psychopath

 

The lane is siesta empty, meanders forever amongst

olive trees and budding almond trees, but afar I see

a black clad man, an ominous shadow, marching

towards me. He has got one hand in his pocket, a knife?

Bet he is a psychopath out to see if he can kill someone

without being caught. Nowhere to run fields are soggy

and he’s younger than me; he will catch up and plunge

a knife in me when I’m exhausted. When he stops and

looks around to be sure there are no witnesses, I quickly

bend down and pick up a big stone I can hit him over

the head with it, I think I’m stronger than him. He looks

tense as he passes me on the opposite side of the lane,

I stop pretend to look at the sky, can’t let him thrust his

knife in my back. He’s running now, see him disappear

around a sharp bend but I wait till sure he ain’t coming

back, I better arm myself with a kitchen knife next time

I go out the world is full of bad people.   

   

No comments: