AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, January 12, 2009

winter in the vale

Winter in the Vale

 

Rain had lasted for days now it was clearing

up and the road leading to the village, where

I buy food, was drying under a mild winter

sun; the nature breathed with an ease as

coming to an end of a long, vigorous sorrow.

 

By the roadside a big grey wolf, it had been

run over by a fast car only a few minutes ago

half of its body flattened, but over it the air

stirred, a shimmer I thought it was it soul that

was now homeless and at a loss what to do.

 

I blessed the dog opened the car-door and let

in the soul, it sat beside me till we came to

a plateau on top of mountain, I spoke softly

and let it out, saw it fly up and up, a shimmer

in the air that become a fluffy lamb on blue.

 

No comments: