AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

The Indian Dream

The Indian Dream

I saw an Indian princess coming out of a limousine, not

an actress, pretending to be royal. She was dressed in

a sari made of the finest silk that ad been spun eight times

was airy and light as a zephyr. She wore diamond earrings

and necklace of black pearls on her swan like neck,

she looked so aromatic and esoteric had I seen her coming

out of the loo I would have been quite flummoxed.

Eyes downcast, a demure mien she didn’t see me waving

at her, when crossing the street a guard shaded her with

a green parasol. I’m going to India before the monsoon,

I’ll find the princess drive her home to Portugal in

a low-cost Indian car, I will have to install an air condition,

one cannot have a princess transpire, mind, if she did it

would be pearls of sweet honey on her brow.

No comments: