AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Saturday, April 18, 2009

So, Good bye..then

So, Goodbye… then

Whatever happened in life I always had a home where
they would take me in. Then, one day, it was not a home;
family members came got what they thought they needed,
and rooms where bare with pale squares on walls where
pictures had hung. My last act was to give the key to those
who were coming to paint and decorate the apartment.

When driving past, I saw new curtains, open windows
and voices of people I didn’t know, living in my home.
I sat in the car for some time unable to drive. I had lost my
childhood’s abode it had been thrown into the skip with
useless stuff, like rusty nails and childish keepsakes.
Whatever happens next, the road ahead looks loveless.

No comments: