AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Thursday, April 23, 2009

a sunny day

A Sunny Day

This morning she remembered my name repeated

it many times:” Sunny and bright,” a voice on TV

said. I helped her having a shower, the hot and

cold water knobs a problem, I made her breakfast.

We spoke about the old days she could remember

everything clearly, we laughed and it was a good

day for us both. She wanted to go for a drive and

today she dressed herself, she stood in front of

the mirror I said she looked beautiful and went to

put my suit on. When I came back she was still

standing there not recognizing the woman she saw.

I sat her down in an armchair, the room was heavy

with her absence, as she stared into her vanishing

world: “Sunny and bright” the voice on TV said.

No comments: