AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Friday, July 24, 2009

the huntsman

The Huntsman


Today I saw a bushy tailed fox, running rabbits
and a boar in a bush landscape one can so
easily get lost in, I once did and panic stricken
stumbled about till I fell on to the main road.
Today I was looking for words or sentences,
something that would make life easy, all I had
to do was to go home and write down what
I had found. Should I be so lucky!

There were many individual letters, strewn like
pebbles on my path, hanging in tree like leaves
and falling dawn in the wind. Clouds on the sky
too made letters, a B here and an A there, I even
saw a Q near the horizon; BAQ? Means nothing
to me, perhaps it is an Arab word for peace?
I struggled up a hill sun was heating up the day,
for lunch I’m having alphabet soup.

No comments: