AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Don juan

Don Juan

The bar’s closed we now sit in an all-night café
drinking coffee, telling jokes that are as stale as
the doughnut we buy and eat as a surrogate for
the sex we haven’t had. The woman who serves
us is old, but willingly smiles it’s up to us to
make a move. Booze brave I grab her hand, and
only slowly let go; tell her she looks nice to night;
unusual compliment, my feeling is intense I will
sleep with her before my mates can. She mistakes
my lust for genuine desire, “Will you be mine to
night?” Sounds like a song. Friends leave, knowing
laughter. The café is emptying, she locks up; I kiss
her, think of sweet words to say, they come easily,
she’s a woman of no consequence.

No comments:

Blog Archive