AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, April 04, 2007

late morning

Late Morning (Grumpy Man)

Nine o’clock heavy clouds obscure the light,
kitchen and living room cold think I’ll relax
here under my cozy duvet till ten. Only, if
someone knocks on my door and I’m still in
my pajamas, they will think I’m a lazy old
man who spends all his days in bed, mind I
worked late last night and deserve my rest,
my own boss, have nothing to be ashamed of.
So, who do the think they are, my neighours,
I don’t pry into their life to see how long they
sleep or when they go to work; and when their
bloody kids shouts outside my door kicking
a football about, do I say anything? I’m angry
now, so much for sleeping in for once…People!

No comments:

Blog Archive