AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, April 18, 2007

gun slinger

The Gun Slinger

“Whose are the eyes, on the table?” “Mine, took
them off to repair the TV, have feel my way inside
it. To steal some ones eyes is a crime and I’ll have
to shoot you with my gun; six bullets- knife sharp-
in its chamber; I have the god given right to wear
arms even have cannon on my lawn to shoot birds
and other minor things that fly in above my house.
Guns don’t kill, man does. John Wayne never killed
anyone, only pretended to, those good old western
movies, the baddies fell like bumbles bees, never
a drop of blood to be seen. I have stopped walking
like a cowboy now since a movie about gay ones
ruined the fun; doesn’t bear thinking of what they
get up to in the bunkhouse or around the camp fire.”

No comments:

Blog Archive