AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, April 23, 2007

The tears

The Tears


Yes, there had been so many deaths first my
siblings, two, than my father and later mother,
I was sad but lived a busy life and had my
home in another land, but it was there a lump
not released, waiting for me to stop running
and face up to my loss. My dog died I buried
her in hard winter soil in the outer field and
deep to protect her from being eaten by foxes
or other dogs, then tears came for all my losses
over years a floodgate had opened thought it
would never stop and she held me in her arms,
till I fell into a deep slumber; in the morning,
cold and clear, I was able to remember them
with love and hear their joyous laughter.

No comments:

Blog Archive