AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Liverpool Mon Amour

Liverpool Mon Amour,

A couple from the social services are coming to asses my
need, I took out my teeth and hid poetry books and TLS
under my bed, wouldn’t like to intimidate them; gave my
bottles wine to my neighbour for safekeeping, he has been
a member of AA for 25 years; he also kept the book how
to have sex after 70. They will patronize me rotten, but all
the while look for hidden wealth, tell me to wear overcoat
when watching TV, till they see I haven’t got one. Dismay,
TV is invented to keep the poor, old and unemployed in
their place, without telly revolt would have spread from
a cake making factory in Knowsly till covering the world
now that we are a global economy, if it hadn’t been for
Coronation Street. Bet they are going to give me a new one
and “The Echo” will come take a picture. I have to sell it
all I wanted was help to pay my gas bill.

No comments: