AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, April 07, 2008

Riches

Riches

Dark clouds hang over the valley this morning,
there will be rain ok; I also hope there will be
a rainbow too, I have a silver spade ready and
leather boots as well.

Last time I found a nugget of gold, where a multi
coloured arch got stuck in the ground, my brother
stole it, he lives in Bahamas now, pays no taxes
and have seven servants

He wasn’t happy so they sent him to Betty Ford’s
clinic where they teach him to accept his guilt and
stop beating himself up because of a trifling
culpability, attack of remorse can happen to us all;

forget your sin, sobriety is bliss, god forgives and
speaks English. Should I be rich today I will not tell
anyone, but keep my money under the mattress, live
like a pauper and enjoy my solitary treasure.

No comments:

Blog Archive