AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

So bring the light then

So Bring Light Then



My body had been interred in the prairie
landscape, I stuck a steel rod down soft
soil till it met the lid of the coffin; so it was
true then, yet it was eerie that I was here
above ground while my body was slowly
absorbed by the earth.

There are many red Indians about, they all
have droplet horses and one, small as a pony,
nodded friendly, yes, I had seen it before in
western movies it had been especially good
at falling, so I mounted it and of we trotted
away unseen by the indigenous people.

Further on men in jeans and big hats, called
cowboys, were fencing in a watering hole,
they were men with secret desires that were
biologically a blind alley, but the only time
they touched was when they fought in the bar
or when sharing an Annie-get-your-gun.


The prairie was as big as an ocean and at
the horizon I saw a bright yet welcoming
light that I noticed the Indians was walking
towards, bad on my feet I kept on riding till
I was inside a light that was free of mortality,
and it was good to be amongst the braves

No comments:

Blog Archive