AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Friday, August 29, 2008

us well behaved

Us Well Behaved


This is a nice Brussels locality, small blokes of
flats, as daylight falls, dwellers are coming out
with wrapped parcels, that look like gifts, and
put them next to rubbish bins. Tidy, no dogs to
tear open parcels and make mess of things. Cars
are parked on the left side of the road today;
tomorrow, parking is on the right side, and so on.

Walk I do because the nice people I’m stay with,
watch football an important match, few people out
on this June evening; amble on till I see lights of
a bar, a man comes out looks around and pees up
against a wall. I find his act of revolt heartening,
but when someone shouts the man is a pig and
ought to be arrested, I cowardly flee into the bar.

No comments: