AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, September 22, 2008

Literature

Literature

Tomorrow I’ll be in Oslo, Norway, haven’t been there
for than twenty years. My brother lived in Oslo, back
then I knocked on his door, he didn’t open siblings’,
rivalry; told him I was living for Portugal and not
coming back; his silence distressed me and now he’s
dead. Yes, so I loved his wife and she came with me,
to Portugal. Tomorrow night I will be in Oslo…alone,
yes she left me too but I ain’t bitter I’ve been around for
quite awhile. By his graveside I’ll explain it all whether
he likes it or not, and make him understand that I made
a favour taking her away from his academic life; after
with her in the house he wouldn’t have been able to
write a weighty tome 800 page tome like: “The future
of poetry in the age of computers and cyber speak.”

No comments: