AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Tuesday, July 24, 2007

the compensation

The Compensation

The town council has sent me a form to fill
It’s about seeking compensation for ills
Suffered at a home many years ago, but it’s
So long time ago I don’t want to remember.
It means I have to go back to being a child
Again, the bewilderment, brutality and abuse
By those who called themselves Christians.
I know well, when I must, that most of my
Failings, a deep rooted inferiority complex,
Uncontrollable anger, and in younger days,
Massive drinking, are caused by scars my
Childhood gave me; no money in the world
Will make them go away. I have learned to
Live with myself, it has taken time, so why
Must I remember?

No comments:

Blog Archive