AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, July 18, 2007

hangover sonnet

Hangover Sonnet

Lucifer came, brought chocolate and sweet
Drambui. My bedroom reeks of self inflicted
pain and my uncritical dog licks vomit off
the bathroom floor. I sang opera last night till
neighbours knocked on ceilings and walls,
threatened to call the police; silly fools, they
have to get up in the morning for boring work.
No beer, the dog needs a pee, but how do I get
out unseen? Endless regrets, humiliation and
shaky hands, can’t even roll my own cigarettes
anymore; this really has to stop diet coke and
well living, starting tomorrow. As for now,
hadn’t it been for the poor dog’s needs I would
not have gone out for a cold pint of lager.

No comments:

Blog Archive