AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Tuesday, August 07, 2007

the rescue

The Rescue

“Yes, halloo.” “It’s me I have been ringing many
times, where are you?” “I’m on a train carriage, just
waking up there has been a crash, I’m surrounded by
unmoving humanity, I think they are all dead and
I hear voices as from a fading conversation.

A light shines from the inside of my head, if my leg
had not been trapped under a seat where a huge dead
lady lies sprawled, I could have collected wallets,
from people who will not need them anymore and
gone to the Greek islands, they are splendid in April.

My leg is clear, the fat lady smiles she ain’t going to
sue as she is an seraph now, My inner light has lit up
the carriage, souls arise from inert bodies, look like
newborn babies; do not leave me I say, but they must.
I’m alone now, in the dark, and wait for my rescuers“

No comments:

Blog Archive