AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

the scream

The Scream

The spider’s web and the spider, in the corner of my
living room, I had ignored; it was high up on the wall
and I didn’t have a step ladder. Something startled me
in the night, it felt as tiny fingers were touching my ear,
switched the bedside lamp and there it was, big as my
hand, the spider, on the pillow next to me, where my
wife’s head used to be, before she moved into the big
town to live next door to a hairdresser’s. A scream cut
the night into Julienne, lights in the village came on,
the spider took fright, ran into the living room and up
the wall. A knock on my door: “Are you Ok, we heard
a scream?” “So did I, wonder where it came from?”

No comments:

Blog Archive