AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Saturday, May 24, 2008

democracy "song contest"

Democracy (song contest)

Having suffered watching euro-vision song
contest I do not longer believe in democracy.
Russia won and that’s ok, they had skaters
and acrobats, so what has that to do with
a song? Don’t ask me, their neighbours liked
their song; the Danes liked the Norwegian’s
tune, who in turn voted for the Swedish song

I sit here and can’t remember the wining song
nor can anyone else. I’m glad Russia won
they believe in managed democracy, as I do,
because the stupidity of people make it clear
they are not yet fit for running anything more
important that a song contest, and giving first
prize to a sweet heifer at an agricultural show.

No comments: