AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Thursday, May 29, 2008

wordless today

Wordless Today.

Pink and blue billows, on the poetic sky,
dripping of eager words. Alas, towards dawn
a westerly wind blew, cleared the sky and in
the morning it was as blank as a screen, that
lit up when the sun came through the skylight.

But the sun passes, as it must, and the screen
grays while, in vain, it waits to be written on.
To be dreamless is a curse, slow death, listless
looking at sky and finding only blandness, but
also words by other poets that I cannot steal.

If I sigh and say: “wish I had written this” and
my friend says: “you will Oscar, you will,” then
I will not fret, and cry in my absinth- laugh, say:
“You’re a droll fellow,” go on dreaming and wait
for a versifier cumulous on the morning sky

No comments: