AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Thursday, May 01, 2008

The destiny (www)

The Destiny (www)


The memory of her is like a beautiful diamond
cut by the expert Time that doesn’t wear black
and lives in Rotterdam. On world wide waters
I sailed her but had to rely on fair weather to
get safely to port; but I couldn’t stop her for
being beached on the coast of Bay of Bengal and
reduced from a dignified she, to scarp iron

Yes, the loves of my life, I remember the first
one the best she has been made flawless
by time; a dignified old woman now dressed in
black, attending mass; she had dreams of
domestic bliss and a big family. My vision was
different, it ended on a foreign strand, but my
ship keeps sailing on across the deep www.

No comments: