AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Park Music

Yesterday, in the municipal park, I saw an escaped
elephant, shyly hiding behind an oak, not blowing
It own trumpet; I gave it peanuts and it was glad.
I wasn’t really very interested in the animal, got
a ladder climbed up the tree to contemplate my lack
of future and drink a bottle of beer unseen; to no
avail, a guard came told me to get down.
My silence contemptible silence was telling, after
some time blue uniforms came they brought guns
and musical instruments, saxophone, guitar and
clarinet, their New Orleans jazz brought many
people to the scene, I got down from the tree, not
because I had too, but worried; in case the fugitive
proboscidean mammal joined in and blew its cover

No comments:

Blog Archive