AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, March 28, 2007

a walk in the park

A Walk in the park.


At the poets reading, at a local hall that
reeked of tobacco, sweaty hands and AA
meetings, they served sausage rolls and
tiny pies, when no one looked and no one
paid my for my stuff, I filled my pockets
full food, lunch next day.

It was there I met the widow, she liked poets
and with her I spent the night with wine, roses
and the rest of the pies.

She gave me her dead husbands blue suit,
shoes and tie, alone I walked to the park to feed
the ducks yesterdays pastry crumbs.

The shoes sourly chafed and the tie tried to
strangle me, undressed, the weather was nice,
swam with the birds till the law showed up,
they had brought a wooly blanket and two
frogmen along

No comments:

Blog Archive