AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, June 27, 2007

An Autumnal Day

An autumnal Day

On the long and wide beach, I can, at a distance,
See an elephant, an unusual sight on this Nordic
Shore; but as I get nearer it retracts, like seagulls
Overhead it resents my presence here, off season,
October, humans are not supposed to be here now.
Coarse grass grow on sand dunes, forever defying
The wind that amuses itself by creating beautiful
Mares, which it sends galloping to the beach, alas,
Underwater rocks, they stumble, wane into ripples
That whisper of storm and dark days. I’m cold and
Scared, alone, there’s no one here that wilts me well;
Feeble am against a nature that’s ready to devour me;
The “I” has lost its self-belief. Far above me angry
Clouds congregate.

No comments:

Blog Archive