AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, June 04, 2007

Lady Greer

Lady Greer.

There was a knock on the door of my house that is so
isolated that trees are growing in the middle the lane
and grass grow savannah high. First I thought it was
me who had knocked, I often do that and run back in,
through the back door to open up, but no it wasn’t me
this time it was the renowned, the one and only… lady
Germaine Greer, that’s right; her of Big Brother fame.
Served her tea and coco macrons while she explained
to me about non penetrative sex; I loved the Australian
twang in her voice I asked if she could demonstrate, she
- to my astonishment- blushed and declined. I think she’s
a keen gardener, had dark soil under her fingernails, and
I politely pretended not to see when she stuck one of my
pot plants into her outsized possum leather bag.

No comments:

Blog Archive