AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, June 11, 2007

the misfit

The misfit.

The four of them were lawyers, wore nice suits and
I joined them; we went into a high-class restaurant,
it was full, but there were side rooms, in one of them
I lost my friends, ended up sitting by a table amongst
people who starred at me in an nasty way; I, dressed
for tennis, was out of place, quickly left followed to
exit by derisive sniggers of experts in good manners.
Outside I changed into jeans and blue shirt- just like
a seafarer- and could, from the top of the hill, see my
ship leaving the pier; ran down till I tasted blood, too
late, she was gone forever. Bought a suit walked back
up to the posh restaurant, the costumers were outside
playing tennis, some swam in the pool; they thought
I was the waiter and ordered drinks

No comments:

Blog Archive