AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Ase

Áse.

“So there you are I sensed you would be here today,
come sit here by the west wall and warm your old
body and see the sun gently fall into the sea. Don’t
try to speak I can see your eyes are full of regret and
sorrow, so let me tell you about myself. When you
left, years ago, I thought my life had come to an end,
my body ached for your caress, I thought my heart
would never mend. I have had a husband and have
children who have flown away, I don’t know where,
all I have is this cabin, a goat a cow and a cabbage
patch; and now you are here. Stay till your feet get
restless and you are off again chasing the same old
dream of riches and success, and I will sit here and
remember you well.”

No comments:

Blog Archive