AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Lesson Learned

A Lesson Learned


I was selling my café to buy a small bed & breakfast
hotel, a nice couple came, very friendly, they looked
Levantine I thought. My wife didn’t like them, but
warmed to their flattery. Yes, they agreed to buy my
café and would like to take over in a fortnights time.
They asked me what sort of business I was going into,
I naively told them about my little hotel, its name and
from whom I was buying it. No one came on the day
agreed upon so I rang the owner of the hotel said
sorry but the sale of my business had fallen through.
“That’s ok I have sold the hotel to a Levanter couple,
who said you were no longer interested; never thought
I should get rid of that cockroach infested place, so
You’re the lucky one,” he said

No comments:

Blog Archive