AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

familiarity

Familiarity

This day faces interact, my mother, 94 is angry with me
and God, she didn’t want to live that long. A whole clan
has died; I’ve no siblings, no families other than her, but
she doesn’t care to talk about the old days, I think she
fears dead more than. I do. My dog has died at fifteen,
spoilt she was, thought a train would stop for her, she
was my daughter, tears for her included all my losses
through years. Get a new dog, your mother never loved
you she lives in a nursing home and is resentful towards
you cause her first son, the love child, was too weak to
survive our tough world. 94 years old you are and I’ve
been looking after you, old woman, who refuses to see
my love for you and treat me as a slave, comparing my
failings with my brother’s perfection, for all this I’ve
endured; and will survive your ill will for me too and
I shall live to be the oldest man that ever lived on earth.

No comments:

Blog Archive