AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Monday, August 20, 2007

Tanka

A man in boat
On the blue, deep ocean
Is a daydreamer
Reluctant to be rescued
Before his vision ends.

..........

Exile2

There is a party up the road, a sort of local
celebration, songs I hear are not those we
used to sing. Lost albatross, on the foreign
shore, fly me back to the world I knew, to
the unreachable land of saga and one-eyed
trolls.

,,,,,,,,,,

The exile 3

Aloneness
numbs
the brain
It freezes
it to
banalities,
“what’s for
dinner?”
Becomes
the most
important
questionUnfulfilled.

Give me
a lake
of red wine
so I can
drink until
full, or
till I see
if it’s true
that
blind, yet
edible
fishes
swim near
the bottom,
which is
made slushy
by unfermented
grapes

of the day
,,,,,,,

No comments:

Blog Archive