AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, January 24, 2007

innocence

Innocence

Naked I a walked down the town’s avenue
modestly held, the spring flowering twig, of
an almond tree, in front of me. Aware of my
vulnerability I scanned the eyes of passer byes,
not a flicker of surprise (was I not miffed?)
Everything went well confident again I could
smile to the world. At the fruit and vegetable
market, a throng of people, I bought a pound of
new potatoes, (try sauté them in real butter)
but since I didn’t carry a wallet gave the kind
lady my flowering twig. Turmoil, a naked man
amongst us…and cold too by the looks of it;
derisive laughter. Tied to a donkey and pelted
with rotten fruit, slapped by leeks and celery,
I was chased out of town and into thorny bushes

No comments:

Blog Archive