AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Thursday, May 17, 2007

the great betrayal

The Great Betrayal

Sat on his left side for years, I, a man of peace. Yet
I sat in a war cabinet four times; loyalty, there isn’t
much of it anymore.

People near him, write diaries,
skewed to make themselves look grand; and they will
tell the world, they disagreed, did their best, but alas,
…failed.

Nice middleclass words, soothing, oh yes, we do
understand, it has been lovely time sniffing
the aphrodisiac of power; dizzying height, forget
that you are gong to fall one day.

Thick and thin I stood firm, he needed me, trusted me,
knew I would never let him down.

When I knew he had betrayed the working class
I did not cry bur joked; great time, they have pills
of every kind, me I settle for a bottle of red wine.

No comments:

Blog Archive