AucklandPoetry.com presents Poet Resident JAN OSKAR HANSEN on http://OSKAR.AUCKLANDPOETRY.COM

Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Surrender

Surrender.

Dawn, it has been raining it will soon rain more;
from my window I se the tarn it looks like spilt
milk on a kitchen table, and amongst trees mist
slowly whirls around to music unheard by any
living creature. Feathery my body and I’m part
of this scene, must be careful though, not close
my eyes, if I do I might be totally absorbed and
unable to be one again; yet, if I do let go, it is
tempting, I’ll hear mystic music not listened to
any man before. Gray and white morning soft
contours, the cockerel crews, the radio speaks
of more rain like I didn’t know. It has begun to
rain, as I stand by the window, feeling the ease
of being; and wonder if I closed my eyes?

No comments:

Blog Archive